Thursday, June 27, 2013

A Stranger in a Strange Land

I really don't know how people did things before the internet!  Once again, the Yahoo expat lists come through for us.  I posted a message asking how to get somewhere and the next thing you know, 24 hours later the kids and I are touring the city with a perfect stranger.  Danica is a Californian who has been in Basel for 13 years.  She happened to have the morning free and was so gracious in taking us around. Most importantly, she helped me get two bus/tram/train passes that I will need. And bonus - she invited us to her place for a 4th of July bbq.  Using the tram with her was helpful and I am slowly beginning to feel like I might be able to do it on my own!  

Here's a pic of the kids from our journey today.  You can see my reflection in the window and next to me is Danica.  

Say Swiss cheese!


No comments:

Post a Comment