Friday, July 19, 2013

St. Johann's Park

Today we found St. Johann's Park, the last of the parks that are both on my radar and easy to get to within 30 minutes.   The park was nice and the kids had fun, though Layla was a bit traumatized when a roughly 3 year old German-speaking boy took blueberries right from the container in her lap.  His mom didn't step in until he started getting physical as Layla kind of panicked in defense of her snack.  She told me she didn't like the park, but when given a choice of any park to go to with Daddy tomorrow morning (while Mommy shops), she chose this one.  So I think she recovered.  



Josh and Layla size up the large duck-shaped? climbing structure and slide. 

Climbing was too tough so they took off their shoes and shimmied up the slide.
Unfortunately once at the top, Josh was too scared to come down.
I thought about leaving him up there but decided to make my way up the slide, myself, to retrieve him.
The smaller, pig-shaped structure. 


And while I didn't partake of it, it's good to know there is a cafe right in the park.
Why don't we have this set-up in the States?!

After the park, we made our way along and across the river to the grocery store.  We had a few important items to pick up....fixings for rice krispies treats (so we have a safe treat to bring to a friend's house), pizza toppings (we had another yahoo list friend over for dinner...Cindy is from CA and just arrived a few days ago), and glue sticks and tape (the rocket ship needs repairs).  On the way, we passed this large ship.  I imagine that this is the type of ship that does cruises down the Rhine.  Someday I will do that trip!

Add caption

The face of a girl making Rice Krispies treats

No comments:

Post a Comment